Saturday 8 August 2015

Fantastic!


Fantastic with Sean Williams, David Henley, Erica Hayes and Ilka Tampke. Having been quite pleased with the other panels that I went to that included Sean and Erica I knew that what I was going to get out of this panel would be interesting. Although in honesty I got more of a lecture on what the difference was between science fiction and fantasy. While that was something that most people needed explained to them I was slightly disappointed that they didn’t really talk more on the fantasy front. The focus was more on should we be giving the audience this stuff and are they smart enough to know the difference between reality and fiction. My answer is if they’re not smart enough to tell the difference then it’s their own darn fault and the blame shouldn’t be put on the writers shoulders. They discussed this idea of plausibility that should come up within a novel. The story must have the sense of being real even though it clearly isn’t.

No comments:

Post a Comment