Thursday 6 August 2015

GLBTI Lit for YAs


This had to be one of the most interesting panels that I had been to in a long while. It covered a topic I was very interested in learning about and I was quite a bit upset that I didn’t have the money to actually buy Hazel’s book off her at the time and have it signed. Hazel’s book F2M touches on a topic that has become very controversial lately especially since most of the world is changing lately. And she had very good ideas about what a writer should and shouldn’t do and that a writer didn’t have to stick to the age group they are when it comes to writing characters because that would become very boring. Hazel brought up a point that I had been wondering about a lot lately and that is how far into research should a writer go. And in her case she went all the way down to Antarctica and began belly-dancing lessons so she would know what she was talking about it when she added it to her novel and that is something that not a lot of writers wouldn’t do. I have come to the conclusion that Hazel has a lot to say as a writer and as a woman and that it would benefit me a lot and a lot of my friends if we read her book. F2M. Can’t wait to get my hands on a copy.

No comments:

Post a Comment