Saturday 8 August 2015

The Ethics Of Writing


The Ethics of Writing – Unlike most of the other panels I went to over the weekend I have to say this was the most disappointing of the lot. Anne Buist was quite the panellist and the best of the lot, I really wanted to hear more about her book Medea’s Curse and how she had to be careful about what she did and did not add to that story for fear of misleading the public or even causing ethical damage she was the only redeeming quality of the panel. When Doig got around to asking questions of the panel members, Peter Craven got so into answering the question that he went off topic, didn’t answer the question and I suspect was just talking for the sake of talking because he liked the sound of his own voice. I wanted to hear more about how if the author was not careful with what they wrote what kind of problems might they have to deal with. Although I have to admit I do want to go out there and get myself a copy of Medea’s Curse.

No comments:

Post a Comment