Thursday 6 August 2015

The Launch

There is something to be said about the exhibition launch of Bruce Whatley. He is quite the speaker, entertaining and even managed to get the audience to laugh at more than a few of his jokes. Each of his art pieces were quite the sight to behold and I have to admit I found myself drawn to two pieces in particular. The art he drew for diary of a wombat and the art that was posted for his upcoming book (which I sadly can't remember the title of but I am going to call Reuben because that is the name of the main character.) The diary of the wombat had quite the beautiful images and I found it interesting that he actually based the drawings on a dog. But mostly I wanted to mention the very eye catching drawings for his upcoming book. There was something in these images that I spoke to me and made me realise that given the chance the world could be a very dark place. Especially if it keeps heading in the same direction as it is now. The image of the robotic people is quite inspiring and even reminds me of the video clip for the song Another Brick in the Wall Part 2. Both are amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment